The Development Cooperation area staffed by people, professionals and activists, fight together to develop different programs supporting the groups of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, trans and intersex people (LGBTI), especially in Latin-American and Africa since 1998.
We work with regard to Human Rights based in gender identity, sexual orientation and diverse corporality with four main working areas:
- Scholar bullying based in gender identity, sexual orientation and diverse corporality;
- Women LBT rights;
- Political incidence;
- Civil society organisations empowerment.
Due to our way of viewing the International Cooperation, it is essential the networking and the collaboration with other organisations, as a tool to reach common goals.
Our mission is to
– Contribute in the creation, empowerment, and reinforcement of LGBTI organisations to support the achievement of their objectives.
– Advocate for peace, tolerance, Human Rights, social integration, respect of individual differences, gender equality, trans people rights and social achievements.
– Promote the defence of Human Rights from a feminist, intersectional and gender and sexual diversity perspective, in Spain and all over the world.
– Increase public awareness among the Spanish population and the International Cooperation agents about the importance of focus in the violation of Human Rights based in gender identity, sexual orientation and diverse corporality.
– Support the creation of social policies to ensure the exercise, as well as the guaranty of Sexual and Gender Identity rights of LGBTI people and the Sexual and Reproductive rights of women.
We are part of internationally Network Projects with different organisations and countries:
The Iberoamerican Network of LGBT Education: working on sexual and gender diversity to promote schools as safe spaces for LGBTI people.
The Iberoamerican Network of LGBTI Education is a platform for organizations working for the advocacy and respect of human rights of LGBTI people (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex) in the field of education.
Its main aim is working to introduce changes in legislation, public policies and socio-cultural challenges. These changes meet the need of institutionalizing and implementing educational projects with a human rights approach focused on sexual and gender diversity of LGBTI people.
This platform shall articulate the efforts of several organizations from different countries: to reach this target.